Friday, February 24, 2006

THE CLASTRIX

The waves are racing against each other to kiss the virgin land, only to find the huge rock squashing their fantasy into foams. As the small kids take a dive into the sea , I can see the chilly sea wind unwinding a lock of hair from her twirled bun caressing her chubby cheeks. Breaking the momentum of silence,

“What do you want?”
“I don’t understand, Naren”
“What do you want between us, Maya?”
“I want to be with you. I want to marry you. I want to make love to you always. . I want to have 3 kids. Fight with you. I want to see those eyes always.”

“You see my job might endanger people around me. Moreover, Why me? “
“It’s a girl thing. You wont understand.”

“Alright. Lets get marri… “BBhhhhang!!!!” I wake up banging my head, only to find that I have dodged a marker pen thrown at me, to hit my classmate behind. If you are still wondering, I was performing the age-old ritual of taking a nap, dreaming about the famed Indian actress- Jyothika (who enacted the above sequence in a movie) during a lecture. Instead of appreciating the (polite) way I conveyed the message that he is boring, the professor is taking out at me by throwing a marker.

Well jokes apart, it takes a lot of preparation to settle into this mode of unconsciousness. First of all, well-built classmates to be our fortresses, a window for fresh air, a sentinel to warn of any impending danger, a cozy last bench in the class with a soft head rest, unflinching never say die attitude to forge ahead in spite of the stiff competition from peers, carefully choosing the co-ordinates so as not to create a blurb in the radar of the lurking back-stabbers, and most important of all, the right professor.

The professor should honor the privilege bestowed on him by the ORACLE, that HE IS THE ONE and realize the fact that history repeats itself rather than shattering the hope of Morpheuses like me.

7 comments:

Sandeep M said...

Hehehe...Amazing da!! Very nicely written! I dunno if most of ur strategies would have worked in our M.Sc class of 7 ppl though??

Naren said...

Thanks for your appreciation. My strategies did work for you, when you chose Prof Ramani from Guru Nanak College for our English Paper and he wouldnt mind it for you are his "KannuKutti"

Gaurav Joshi said...

For a while it made me feel as if you were to marry this Maya and have 3 kids. This proves your articulate skills of presenting thoughts.

Naren said...

Hey Gaurav
More than articulating thoughts,its an escape from work.Thanks anyway

Anonymous said...

I agree - day dreaming is an art, something a friend of mine was quite good at. But seriously, Jyothika?? You could do better.

Secret aficionada

Naren said...

Hmm!! How many people should I add in my provocative list.

Ignorant mind is a bliss, but you are too ignorant to appreciate the beauty of my damsel. It took decades for mortal souls to understand Einstein's appreciation of universe.

To quote my roomate
"It's not your fault" mere mortals.

Murali said...

atleast in ur dreams, a girl is asking you out ! not in mine dude :-(((.. lucky u :p

 

View My Stats