Thursday, February 09, 2006

Taste Buds' Nepotism

¾ cup aqueous brown solution, ½ a spatula of sucrose crystals, 1/8 cup of white colloidal solution. Stir for 5 seconds and expose the mixture to the microwave region of the electromagnetic spectrum for 90 seconds. Remove the container and direct the contents to the aperture between the lips cloaking the teeth. Caution contents hot.

This is what it all takes to please my gustatory senses addicted to caffeine abuse. Rhetorically, does it please my taste buds drenching it with a domestic product of steamed coffee? Cerebrum syncs with my cerebellum, and there goes my coffee down the drain. Next thing, I find myself under the roof of leading caffeine chain store – Starbucks, trekking/ hitchhiking at 28 degree Fahrenheit, swiping my plastic card, and now my taste buddies are Happy.

Flip side of the coin, the stimulating aroma of the coffee, gentle background orchestra of strings, contagious enthusiasm of young minds, voracious book crunchers, steamy gossips cum discussions, techno savvy's conglomerations …… for a $2.25 tall cappuccino, Its priceless.

5 comments:

nmagesh said...

you should be rechristened "GRE junkie" Naren, with all the mind-bending, tongue twisting, word-play. This is as close as one can get to verbal masturbation, I guess. Other things apart, good job!

Naren said...

Thanks for the baptism.
Also I owe you for reminding about verbal masturbation. Got to go and ................
explore my imagination

Santhi Sagar Vaddiraju said...

Another good post. This for sure will make you 'the R.K. Khanna of the english speaking', 'the Khurmi of the West' and 'the O.P. Gupta of the GRE seeking'.

P.S. For the lay men, the names above are Indian authors of some of the good(?)science text books who understood the 'foriegn' author's text books better than anyone else.

Murali said...

Being a complete caffeine addict myself, I can give up almost anything (and literally) for a good cup of black coffee :-)

Naren said...

D.M.
You know what my blood has more caffeine than haemoglobin

 

View My Stats