Friday, March 03, 2006

Minutes of the Cellular species

“ What do you mean you don’t have it? How do you manage? Don’t you feel you are missing out on something? Do you have any intention of having one? If so, when? “

These questions along with some condescending looks are what I have to put up with, for my impertinence (as perceived by my buddies) towards the contemporary version of iGraham Bell. In the current scenario where people converse in 0’s and 1’s one cannot afford to be without the digital locket hanging, sometimes waist hiking.

No more a touchstone of social status, I see every Tom, Dick & Jane hooking up to the network, rambling on the events which, to the best of my eavesdropping is not going to bring about a unified theory which the physicists are striving for, nor it is going to stop Britain from being the 51st state of the U.S.

No offence to the “always staying connected” cellizens, its just that I don’t want myself caught up in the quagmire of this network, carrying the small digital brick in my pocket, freezing to the veins when it creeks at the inappropriate time and running as hell when I lose it.

Today’s technology is a rolling juggernaut,I have just stepped aside, only to embrace it when it serves my purpose. So to the condescending onlookers “Can you hear me now????”

4 comments:

Sandeep M said...

Spoken in complete ignorance!! Get one to know how useful it is...and for inopportune calls...there is a "Silent Mode"...neways...enjoy ur solitutde when you can, I guess!

Naren said...

I expected some great revolt from the cellizens, but only one from you. Ignorance, solitude, the only way to reply to your comment is

"Oops I have gone to the silent mode"

Murali said...

man.. get a GF (not sounding utopian here) and see naren turning to a cellizen :-)

Ignorance may be bliss but not in the above-mentioned scenario :-))
Ofcourse, post-marriage - don't have one ! :-)

Naren said...

D.M.
Its better to have cellular brick when you are alone than have it along with G.F. I guess you don't need to talk to anyone, when you have someone constanly yapping, cribbing and bitching

 

View My Stats