Sunday, March 26, 2006

On a scale of ..............

There are moments in life when things take a turn and go in the direction opposite to where it was intended to go. Moments spent on nurturing an inane feeling that the whole galaxy is up against me with the stars realigning themselves, plotting to push me into a black hole are innumerable. A long walk, under the roof of the blue sky with wind as my mute companion, serves as a panacea for my woes.

The blue robin chirping an aria with the orchestra of sparrows and swallows, the dried leaves scampering in the blowing wind, water ripples racing against each other, all tranquilizes the mind. The regained serenity gives way to racy statistics as my mind churns out a number on a scale of 10 on the sight of an approaching girl. Starting with 10 pointer, at a distance of 300 feet, generally a linear regression follows with decreasing distance, as the blemishes become more perceptible to the superficial mind. But not today, at least not for the damsel that seem to have captivated my mind by her heavenly beauty.

Clad in a black turtleneck to go with her blue jean, I am being swept off my feet by her beauty with every waning distance. Her broad forehead, her blonde hair, chubby cheeks housing a dimple, small yet full lips, most of all her smile that has put me under a spell. Wait a minute, is she is smiling at me? Should I respond back with a smile? Never in the history of charm scale, has a 5 pointer evinced interest from 10 pointer.

Instead of cramming in so many thoughts into my brain, had I listened to my auditory senses, neither would have I missed a 10 pointer dude running from behind nor be heart-broken at the sight of their PDA (public display of affection). Patting myself from the bruises inflicted by a 10 pointer, I go about realigning my scale, screening out all the stunners and zeroing on gorgeous 15 pointers on a scale of ..................

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

For someone who claims to be inept in the language of the Anglo-Saxons, you do have a way with words. Or is someone else translating your thoughts for our pleasurable reading?

Secret aficionada

Naren said...

Ha Ha Ha… seriously words like inept, Anglo-Saxon, aficionado didn’t ring a bell. Dictionary.com came to my rescue. Hence my proclamation of my inadequacy is not an allegation, but a grand testimony to the secret aficionado.

If my scribbles have taken you on a pleasure ride, drive on until my WAY of words force you to a pit stop.

Anand said...

I thought u already zeroed in on ur 10 pointer..Or is one 10 pointer not enough? Haha

Naren said...

Dey Anand
Me with a 10 pointer, Anand coffee is ready, wake up. Unable to put up with my charming image, even my mirror shatters.

Anand said...

Tell u what, As far as Ive seen 10 pointers always settle in for some one with lesser charm. You know why? Coz they never know they r 10 pointers.

Naren said...

I beg to differ. 10 pointers are always conscious of their worth,which is easily perceptible when they walk, no not walk,they float with an air of flamboyance. When you go past them, it feels as though you are humbled by their beauty.

Anand said...

But have u ever seen a 10 pointer with another 10 pointer. Ive never seen a perfect 10 pointer combo.

Sandeep M said...

chellam..who gave u 5 points maa?? jus kiddin...U r the charmer from Anna univ da...too lazy to unleash on the poor Uconn beauties thas all!

Naren said...

Anand:
10 pointer combo Brad Pitt/Angleina Jolie, Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes, - just kidding. A perfect combo is rare but not impossible. But I havent seen a 10 pointer angel settling for a 5 pointer. hey another 10 pointer combo -Naren/Jyothika

Naren said...

Sandeep

I am from Univ of Madras and we had a friend by name Sandeep in Anna University. Is it you.Oh man atlast . Its been long time since we met.

Oh Yeah, I am a 10 point charmer on a scale of 50.

Murali said...

well..the breezy wind is always a better companion.. we could embrace it whenver we want and it never 'ditches' us :p

Naren said...

Dr.Anon

I didnt say mine was a absolute charm scale. It has its margin of errors.

I am not from Anna, I am from Univ Of Madras

 

View My Stats