Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I think not what they think

Depleting creativity, draining reasoning, funneling analysis, recurring boredom, inability to think outside the bun, has all motivated me to the following limerick.

As my parents watch me grow up
Parents thinking: My son will be great
Me thinking: Keep thinking.

Standing behind a girl in queue
Me thinking: Hips hypnotize me
She thinking: You can’t screw me.

Standing in front of a mirror
Me thinking: Tom Cruise
gnikniht eM : Cruise Tom

My advisor thrashing me
Advisor thinking: You Stupid, Jackass indeed
Me thinking: Just following the lead.

Watching a 10 pointer go by
Me thinking: I am there for you
She thinking: I am never for you.

Praying to God
Me thinking: HE is listening
HE thinking: Go to Hell

Deep slumber in bed
Me dreaming: Natalie Portman
She dreaming: Some other men

After reading this
You thinking: Bull shit
Me thinking: So do I

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No offence, but you should have called it "An ode to mediocre poetry".

Secret aficionada

Naren said...

No defense, you just corroborated my statement
" I think not what you think"

I thought I stunk, but a mediocre rating, I am floating. Thank you

Murali said...

As age goes by :
Me thinking : Wow! I still look young !
Nature : Boy, u are getting old.. cover ur paunch and apply a patch to hold the last shreds on thy head :p :p

So many enemy forces working against us, ain't it :-))..

Good one! :-)

Naren said...

D.M.
"Mother Nature is a mad scientist" - Seinfeld
I have nothing more to say

 

View My Stats