Monday, April 17, 2006

Missing CPU

First thing, does it really exist? If it does, is it functioning the way it should? Is it of the right size to perform its routine? Is it shrinking? These are my ways of questioning the existence of a small lump of grey flesh tethered with thousands of neurons, with cranium as its place of abode, which the medical fraternity calls it “Brain”. My schoolteacher, college professor, my friends, even my parents used to ask me “ Do you have brains?” With all my innocence and ignorance, I used to say “ Sorry I am not willing to share it.” Never felt that they were asking me a rhetorical question.

From time to time, when I tend to knock the door of the skull mantle with knuckles, my auditory senses would pick up a hollow resounding signal just like an empty vessel, confirming that God forgot to plug in my CPU. If HE is the architect of my current handicap probably I guess a one-to-one talk could help resolve the issue. Even to put forward my case and prosecute HIM, I need some analytical thinking.

Above ramblings and suicidal blaming game are spewing out of my piled up dormant antipathy towards my academic ancestors- the likes of G.N.Lewis, J.J.Thompson, Linus Pauling, and not to forget the great Albert who rollercoasted his way to glory using only 10% of his grey matter. Adding fuel to my incapacitated mind are my fellow peers from IIT, IIM, Stanford and other Ivy league schools who strut with an air of flamboyance, not to be left behind are the underage over achievers who are hell bent on questioning my mere existence.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I detect a hint of insecurity and a pinch of inadequacy.

Trust me, your CPU is plugged in; you just run on a different processor. Besides, you wouldn't want your hard drive to crash by having too many programs running simultaneously, would you?

Secret aficionada

Navin said...

Dei Naren,

Awesome da I never knew you had a blog, I chanced upon yours and it is quite interesting. The only thing I take exception to is when you mention Einstein used 10% of his grey matter. All that is utter nonsense da! I don't who started these rumours but you really cannot choose to not use a part of your brain!

Hehe will keep visiting, visit mine when you find time www.navinwrites.blogspot.com

Naren said...

Hey Secret Aficionada (S.A.)

You may be a dint right about the two "IN's". But those two "IN's" didnt spare even the great physicst Richard Feynmann when he was working in Princeton.

Ofcourse, I am not comparing myself with Richard for I know I am better than him. Just K........

My advisor doesn't believe that I have a CPU. Glad you did. Can't change the processors now, probably I can go in for some upgrade. I prefer to run as many different programs simultaneously and crash than having an iterative one.

Naren said...

Navin

Had I had the premonition that a psychologist is going to stumble on this impoverished blog, I would have made all effort, not to comment on Einstein's 10%

When I was writing, I knew I was wrong. I actually read the disputing theory in the Scientific American eons ago. So Mr. Psycho I agree with you.

Anand said...

Your CPU needs to run more movies and Games and move away from the scientific simulations and iterations its performing day in and day out. Ur CPU could crash if u over worked it. Take a BREAK.

Naren said...

Dey Anand
If you are trying to paint me as nerd, come on you are kidding right. I was your roomate and you know how bad I was

Murali said...

Well, the way it take Windows to 'start' working again is to press 'Ctrl+Alt+Del' :p :p

Naren said...

Dey D.M.
I did try CTRl-Alt-Del: A messagebeeped.
System failure, boot sector corrupted.Thanks for using windows

Naren said...

Dr.Anon

I see you have CPU, left handed or right handed, doesnt matter as long as you can make something out of it.

 

View My Stats