Monday, June 05, 2006

Dream Works Production

The chandelier lights are soft. The red velvet carpet endowing an air of stateliness to the proceedings, rosewood furniture cushioning the elite personalities of the gathering. Midway through the vibrations in the air, “ The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences is proud to honor this year’s youngest Nobel Laureate in Chemistry Dr. Narendran, recognizing his contribution ….”, I button my suit, cast an accomplishing glance at the my parents and girlfriend, walk down the aisle, return with a memento and a cash prize, that for once will make my wallet happy. As I try to wipe out the champagne on my suit, result of the slip between the cup and the lip, I felt a sense of chill running down my spine. I wake up to the trickling water, courtesy – my roomie, “ Dude lets go to weekly pilgrimage – the Walmart.” What an insult to a Nobel Laureate!!!!!

DREAMS – a virtual “n” dimensional space for which we don’t require a visa at the port of entry. The space with no boundaries, where our imaginations are as wild as our obviousness, taking a ride on the Pegasus, and of course the regular ingredients of white clouds and plumes of white smoke to add to our dream sequence. (Yeah! You are right. I do watch a lot of Tamil movies.). From time immemorial, we all have been playing the Tom and Jerry game, chasing our dreams, with hope as our adrenalin.

Ironically, all our dreams have a strain of uncertainty that transforms it into a mirage. But I guess, we owe a lot to Mr. Uncertainty, who spices our life with drama and adventure. If not for him, we wouldn’t be so anxious to open a Fortune cookie to see what’s in store for us, (in bed). But however uncertain it might be, its always DREAMZ UNLIMITED!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, dreams are like cogs propelling the cycle of life.

A change from your Jyothika dreams. Uncertainty in flow I guess.

Murali said...

dude.. this dream turning to reality is not far away!... wondering if u would still heed to ur roomate's walmart request after that :p :p :P

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Naren said...

Anonymous 1

Dreams, cogs, cycle - all over the head philosophy.

Ah Jyothika, she is virtually non-pareil.

Naren said...

D.M.

You cannot take certain things out of life. Pilgrimage to Walmart doesnt spare the Nobel Laureate.

Naren said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

View My Stats